Apr 6, 2007

Live Free or Die

I tend to have a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to seeing items from my home state all the way out here in the northwest. I always strain to see if that window decal says "University of New Hampshire" (it doesn't), I shamelessly accost folks who can't disguise their "ah"s (as in, "Uh, sure I'm a Seattle native, I was born in Madison Paahk". Aha! Wicked busted!)
I make sure to gleefully point out New Hampshire license plates to Ida or whomever I'm driving with - a habit I tend to forget about when I'm actually driving IN New England. Hilarity then, of course, ensues.

So it is with no small amount of local and cultural pride that I direct your attention to this story.
While I'll always toss my cap in the air for the progress of civil equality, it's especially gratifying seeing the nor'easter of change blow through a place I was sure would be forever stuck in the dahk ages with regahd to the queeahs. I'm proud of you NH. Way to show those Vermont hippies and freakin' Massholes.

In other news, I'm obliged to post this:
Join MoveOn.org's Virtual Town Hall: Iraq


And, accordingly, this:













(image lifted from the blog of my good friend md)

2 comments:

Lively said...

I'm absolutely confident that my home state of VA will shortly follow suit, since hell seems to have frozen over. Let's get ice cream!

ipj said...

I think my favorite part of that story was "...give gay couples nearly the same rights as married couples..."

Almost there.