Dec 5, 2007

Conversations with my wife

[Watching TV:]
TV: "...the right hand isn't talking to the left hand..."
Ida: That's because hands can't talk or listen! 
[Considers this statement. Then, a la The Who's "Baba O'Riley",] 
They're all WASTED!
[Unpacking a box of books:]
Ida: Do you want to keep this "Why Big Fierce Animals are Rare" book?
Me: What's it about?
Ida: Why big fierce animals are rare.
Me: Oh, it's not like a Dave Eggers book or something?
Ida: No.
[Unpacking more books:]
Ida: This one I saved from my house that burned down. It's a little brown but books don't burn very well so it's still-
Me: Did you just say 'books don't burn very well'?
Ida: Yeah, they're too dense.
Me: What about all those book-burnings?
Ida: Well, if you're just burning books, they go up pretty well. They don't burn well if you're not throwing them on a big pile of other burning books.
Me: Then they burn pretty well, I guess.
Ida: I guess.

No comments: